Apple puree cookies are great for our furry friends. The first thing we need is to find some moulds with shapes for the occasion: pumpkins, ghosts, witches, bats, etc. Once we have this, we must follow the steps of the snau blog recipe:
- 1/2 cup flour
- Applesauce to taste (we boil apples and crush them without sugar).
- 1/3 cup beetroot (better with canned or vacuum beetroot, we puree it with the blender).
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 small tablespoons of baking powder (optional).
Combine all the ingredients and start stirring so that a homogeneous mixture is left. If you see that it is running dry, add water little by little; if on the contrary, it is running too liquid, add a little flour. Once ready, put the mixture in the moulds and bake at 180º for fifteen minutes.
Another easy-to-follow recipe is also the blog enelnombredelgato, to make Halloween cookies for cats:
- 2 slices of pumpkin, clean, without seeds or skin.
- 1 tuna steak, about 200 g (or 2 cans, natural and without salt.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup wheat or fishmeal
- A spoonful of catnip (optional, but you will make cats enjoy even more)
In addition to preparing delicious cookies that they can eat and love, this day we must be especially attentive to what our pets put in their mouths, as well as other points to consider:
- No chocolate, candy or raisins. They are very toxic and can do a lot of damage to their stomach. You have to avoid them.
- If we choose to disguise our pets, we must be careful about what they wear. Nothing that bothers them or could harm them. Ideally, small details that would not be annoying.
- If we invite many people to our house, we have to be careful, as the rate of animals lost on these dates usually increases. The door constantly opening, people entering and leaving… Together with the fuss that is created around that night, you have to be aware of everything.
- We must also be cautious with the wrapping of candies and goodies. This day is full of wraps and decorations scattered on the floor that we cannot let end up in their mouths.